Wednesday, December 14, 2011

WAITING ON WEDNESDAY

Hi everyone!  This is my first "Waiting on Wednesday" post, which is a really cool meme hosted over at Breaking the Spine.  It's all about the books that you've been eargerly anticpating, waiting forever for, keep looking up again and again to see if the release date has changed ;)

I've been waiting for this book to come out for months now, so I thought it'd be a perfect fit.


Summary from Ms. Glines's website:

What happens when you're stalked by Death? You fall in love with him, of course.

Pagan Moore doesn’t cheat Death, but instead, falls in love with him.

Seventeen year old Pagan Moore has seen souls her entire life. Once she realized the strangers she often saw walking through walls were not visible to anyone else, she started ignoring them. If she didn’t let them know she could see them, then they left her alone. Until she stepped out of her car the first day of school and saw an incredibly sexy guy lounging on a picnic table, watching her with an amused smirk on his face. Problem is, she knows he's dead.

Not only does he not go away when she ignores him, but he does something none of the others have ever done. He speaks. Pagan is fascinated by the soul. What she doesn’t realize is that her appointed time to die is drawing near and the wickedly beautiful soul she is falling in love with, is not a soul at all.

He is Death and he's about to break all the rules.

Seriously, I love the premise (and the beautiful cover!!).    Plus, that last sentence--He is Death and he's about to break all the the rules--totally rocks, great punch to end, made me want to own the book.  I've always been a fan of Death as a character, and in a YA setting, I think this concept could really take off.  I've been waiting and waiting and waiting for this one to release, and it finally came out yesterday *whoop*  Can't wait to read Existence!!

Hope you all are having a great week,

Ninja Girl

9 comments:

  1. I recently added this to my TBR list, it sounds really interesting.

    Here's my Wow: http://geobobspinelli.blogspot.com/2011/12/waiting-on-wednesday-3.html

    I'm new to book blogging. Newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great meme!
    And oh man...that cover...*swoon*

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jessi Thanks! I didn't even know Kagawa had another series coming out

    @Falen I totally agree. It's one of the favorite covers I've seen. Am *swooning* right along with you lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it when the last part of the synopsis ups the stakes. Great choice!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one reminds me of the Obsidian cover by Jennifer Armentrout. And I love the sound of this one!

    Have an amazing reading week!

    - Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh this one is out today I think!? I love his eyes on the cover! <3

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  7. Um, AWESOME. I'm off to add it to my Goodreads! Thank you much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Petra Yeah, that last line killed :) Made me want the book right then

    @A. Knight Agreed. This cover is awesome! Am thinking I need to add it to my bookshelf

    @Giselle I've been waiting so long, and it's finally here *jumps up and down*

    @Christine I hope so; can't wait to start reading!

    @Kelley No problem, I love finding great new reads to add to the TBR

    ReplyDelete